Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Mozilla Planning to Release Firefox iOS App in the Future http://goo.gl/5CA05l

Given the issues Firefox has on OS X, I'm not overly excited about this.




What issues? It runs pretty much rock solid for me (FF Developer Edition).


---


I also do not understand why people still shade Firefox. Its memory footprint has been optimized to the point where it is the most memory efficient browser you can run from the "big 3" (FF, Safari, Chrome).


It is extremely extensible and customizable, so you can make it yours. No other browser has even close to the amount of customization FF allows.


It protects your privacy and, if you don't like the default privacy settings, there's an add-on for that (ex: NoScript, Ghostery).


The sync feature works pretty damn well, second only to Google's imo. However, Chrome has been extremely bloated lately and taking up a lot of memory, hence my switch to FF.


It is not a perfect browser, but is way, way ahead of its competition. Safari doesn't exist on Windows, so I can't use it (unfortunately, I still have to use Windows at work), and I've pretty much ditched Google's alternative.


Source Article from http://www.macrumors.com/2014/12/02/firefox-planning-to-release-ios-app/
Mozilla Planning to Release Firefox iOS App in the Future

No comments:

Post a Comment